Following is the procedure for setup and operation.
- Mount the work to be cut inside the vise
- Lower the frame so that the blade is about 1/8" from touching the material
- Using a scale, measure from the outer edge of the blade to the end of the work-piece
- Tighten the vise NOTE: movable jaw pivot bolt must be hand tight only. If this bolt is over tighten, the vise will not securely fasten
- Recheck measurement
- If multiple parts of the same size are to be cut, set the work stop to the desired length. NOTE: to prevent damage to the blade, a gap must be provided between the stop and the workpiece.
- Release the frame so that it rises to the start position. This will prevent the blade from contacting the material on the first stroke, which could damage the blade
- Select the proper speed and feed
- Turn machine on
- Engage power feed lever
- With a new blade, never start on a previously started location as this will cause the new blade to bind and break
- Verify that coolant is directed to area of blade contact to ensure cooling and chip wash